Tuesday, August 14, 2018

The Kitchissippi Museum - at Westboro Fuse!

I am happy to announce that I will be setting up (weather permitting!) at the Westboro Fuse street festival this weekend! Originally I was going to be out of town this weekend, but a change in plans has meant that I can make it to Fuse! 

I will be set up on Saturday only, from roughly 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. If it is raining, or if there is a certain chance of rain, I will not be able to set up as it is too risky for the materials.

Really looking forward to being there, and I will bring as many photos, maps, documents and artifacts as I can fit in my truck, to share with whoever passes by! I try to do 2 or 3 community events per year, as I find it's a great opportunity to connect with local residents, share stories, and even occasionally link up with people who have old photos or neat old items of a local history value. 

I'll post back with an update on exactly where I'll be set up, I'm still in discussions with the Fuse organizing committee. In previous street festivals, I tended to set up by Winston Square, right on Richmond Road, but I'll see where Fuse would prefer I go this year. 

Thanks and hope to see you on Saturday!



2 comments: