Saturday, May 20, 2017

The Kitchissippi Museum - at Westfest!



I am happy to announce that the Kitchissippi Museum will be participating in Westfest this year! I will be setting up a sizable booth at Laroche Park on Saturday June 3rd to share a ton of old photos, maps, and artifacts from the history of our area. I invite you to come out and say hi, share stories, or just browse through the things I'll be bringing. I'll likely be set up by 10:30, and will stay until late afternoon. Of course, this is weather permitting. If it's raining Saturday, I'll aim to set up Sunday instead.

I'll post back a little closer to the event date with some highlight items I'll be bringing. I have a few new things I'd love to share. 

Really looking forward to it! Westfest is an awesome event, I'm proud to have been a participant for several years on Richmond Road, and am excited to set up in Laroche Park this year. 

For more info on Westfest, check out http://www.westfest.ca/

Hope to see you on Saturday June 3rd!

Family photo in Laroche Park, 1940s
(Source: Nicole Vachon Bergeron)

No comments:

Post a Comment