Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Jane's Walk - Wellington Village Local History - Saturday 2-4 p.m.

I'm happy to announce that this Saturday (May 4th) I will be co-leading a Jane's Walk, on the history of Wellington Village.

The tour will leave Thyme & Again on Wellington Street West at Huron Avenue North at 2 p.m., and largely occur on Wellington between Holland and Island Park Drive. I'll be co-leading the walk with Wellington West BIA Executive Director Dennis Van Staalduinen. 

We'll be pointing out sites of historical significance, and sharing stories related to the 100 years of Wellington Village (and the 100 years before WV, when it was suburban farm land!). This tour is close to the heart for me, as I've spent most of my life in Wellington Village, and my family nearly 70 years.

More information can be found at the official link: https://janes-walk.herokuapp.com/en/walks/jane-s-walk-ottawa-gatineau-2019/20621

Hope to meet a lot of new and familiar faces Saturday afternoon!


No comments:

Post a Comment