Saturday, April 14, 2018

Profile of the Hinton family - Part 3 (the final part!)

This week's new issue of the Kitchissippi Times includes my last part in my profile of the Hinton family. This part of the article talks about the last years of both Joseph and Robert Hinton's lives, as well as more detail on the successes of their immediate family, and their legacy left behind.

Click here: https://kitchissippi.com/2018/04/12/the-untold-story-of-the-hinton-family-part-3/

It has been several years that I've poked away at this article, so it feels great to finally see it in print, and to know I've published about as thorough and detailed a story as I can of this important family. I feel confident that I've exhausted every possible source of information, and included every notable tidbit of information that I can. At minimum, I feel great that I've been able to put a story to the name. Previously there was very, very little detail available on the Hintons, beyond a basic couple of lines, and no photos at all.

These articles have generated the most amount of feedback I've had on any topic. I appreciate all of it!

Here are two more bonus photos of Joseph Hinton, the first two that I found a year ago - badly mislabelled at Library and Archives Canada, but later confirmed when matched with another possible source. These are from September of 1870, when he was 72 years old:



No comments:

Post a Comment