Sunday, February 21, 2016

One week until the kick-off meeting! +Profile in the newspaper! Thanks Kitchissippi Times!

The kick-off meeting for the History & Heritage group (can't wait to actually pick a name!) is just a week away now, next Sunday the 28th of February from 1-3 at Thyme and Again. Thanks to all of you who have emailed me, I appreciate the great interest. The article in the Kitchissippi Times this week has been a huge PR help as well, and hey everyone now knows a few history-nerd tidbits about me too! If you haven't seen it yet, check it out at: http://kitchissippi.com/2016/02/18/kitchissippi-history-group/

At the bottom of the article (online version only) is a list of five cool local history-themed websites I recommend everyone check out. I encourage you for sure to visit them, I'd bet a couple of them would be new to many of you!

I'll have another update or two later this week about the get-together. And I'll be catching up on emails in the next few days as well, so if you wrote to me in the last few days and haven't heard back, my apologies, but I promise a reply in the next day or two. I'm spending a bit of time preparing stuff for the meeting, so there should be a lot of content, lots to talk about, and (hopefully) quite a few people to meet and chat with. Really looking forward to it!

Working on a new addition for this site as well this week, which is to add a section of reference materials, for the aid of people doing research or just curious to poke around in history. So I hope to launch that in the next week or so as well, I think this could be a great resource. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment