Wednesday, September 16, 2015

The Kitchissippi Museum - live at Tastes of Wellington West 2015 this weekend!

Come join me this weekend at the awesome annual Tastes of Wellington West event. I'll be setting up (weather permitting) a big booth at the corner of Wellington and Gilchrist, with tons of old photographs and maps. Some of the highlight items to check out include an amazing large aerial photo of Wellington Village from 1920 (the oldest aerial photo of the area I've ever come across); a complete set of the 1948 fire insurance plan for the neighbourhood in full colour, so you have a peak at your street, find your house (if it was built yet), etc.; and a ton of new local history photos I've recently acquired within the past year that have yet to be seen by anyone!

I'll also be on the lookout for anyone with old photos to share, or interesting stories about the old days of  Kitchissippi.

And bonus, my little guy will be selling homemade lemonade and cookies, so win-win all around!

See you Saturday, I'll be set up by 11 a.m., until at least 3 p.m.

The following link has all the info on the event, including a list of all participating restaurants and businesses: http://wellingtonwest.ca/tastes-of-wellington-west-2015/

No comments:

Post a Comment