Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Your input is always appreciated!

The first few posts of the new blog are up, and I hope you enjoy the content. Please bookmark this site and check back once in awhile. I won't be able to put up new posts every day, but it is my intention to try to post something up at least once or twice a week.

It is my hope that some of the posts may, over time, be commented on by visitors to the site. If you have something you can add to the discussion, some information, an old photograph, etc.,  I definitely encourage you to contribute to the topic. I do not profess to be an expert on all topics related to Kitchissippi history, and for many subjects it can be quite a challenge to find details. So please do feel free to add in what you can, I appreciate.

As well, if you have any requests for topics to be covered, or if you have any questions about anything Kitchissippi-history related, please feel free to suggest away! I'm happy to try to solve any mysteries you might have, help solve a lingering question, or explore the history of a building, property or person. Usually the most interesting mini-research projects I get into are the ones that are borne out of a random question or comment I get at Westfest or Taste of Wellington West.

Thanks so much for reading!

3 comments:

  1. What you've been doing is a real gift to the community - thanks so much for all your work!

    Murray Angus
    Westboro (and former resident on Pinhey Street - if you're ever doing a profile of Pinhey Street, please contact me at murrayangus@rogers.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to read your articles and looking at the pictures. I was born, raised and went to school in the neighborhood. Are you planning an article on Hinchey Avenue?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been devouring your blog since I came across it two days ago. Amazing content, super clear and concise with great photos!
    Any chance you have any information on either Johnston's Mills (Lot 27, Concession 1 OF) or the Little Chaudiere Mills (Lot 37, Concession A OF)?
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete