Monday, February 26, 2024

Nepean High School's 100th Anniversary!

This school year marks 100 years since the opening of Nepean High School on Broadview Avenue in Westboro! 

My article in this month's Kitchissippi Times tells the story of the early days of Nepean High School, and how it evolved over time. It was impossible to tell the full story of the 100 years of the school in less than 1500 words, so it's more of a summary of the construction of the building, some tidbits from its earliest days, and then details on how the school expanded over the years.

I have a lot of pride as a former Nepeanite, and a soon-to-be Nepean parent (my oldest will be starting there in September). So I loved working on this article. (My Editor also very kindly included at the bottom one of my grad photos from when I graduated from Nepean back in 1998. Long hair and all).

Check out the article at https://kitchissippi.com/2024/01/29/the-100-year-history-of-nepean-high-school/

Note there unfortunately was no 100th Anniversary Reunion/celebration planned. I was proudly a part of the Committee that worked on the 75th back in 1998, but this time around, there was a lot more restrictions involved in trying to plan something. Though a small committee of interested volunteers attempted to plan something starting over a year ago, it never got pulled off sadly. Alumni probably deserved better, but it is what it is. 

4 comments:

  1. Great school. I attended it from 1957 to 1962. Many happy memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1995-2000. Yeah looking back it was a good school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I attended 1974-1978. I have great memories of teachers and school activities and still have friendships from back then.

    ReplyDelete