Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Cave Creek live presentation at Historical Society of Ottawa January 26th!

I am excited to announce that an event I have been looking forward to for a long time is finally here! Last summer, I was invited to be a part of the Historical Society of Ottawa's 2017-18 season as a guest speaker at their January 26th meeting. I will be making a presentation (with slide show/photos) on Cave Creek and the deplorable sewer and water situation in the Hintonburg-Wellington Village area in the late 1800s and early 1900s.

The presentation is called "Death, Illness & Squalor: Cave Creek & Primitive West Ottawa."

The meeting is Friday January 26th, at 1:00 p.m. in the lounge of the Routhier Community Centre (172 Guigues Street at Cumberland), and from the HSO's website, appears to be free for anyone interested in attending!

For more information about HSO and my presentation, please see this link: http://hsottawa.ncf.ca/current.html

And to read more on Cave Creek (arguably the topic I receive the most questions and interest on), please see my article in the Times from nearly two years ago now (time flies!): https://kitchissippi.com/2016/03/30/cave-creek-ottawa/

Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment