Monday, August 14, 2017

A walk through Kitchissippi in 1867

I'm well behind in posting my updates to the blog! My apologies!

Earlier this summer, you may have caught it: the cover story of the mid-June Kitchissippi Times was my article on Kitchissippi of 1867. As we are the midst of Canada 150 celebrations, it was good timing to write an article talking about the people, places and streetscape that would have existed in our area in 1867. This was a really fun article to write, and combines years of research on various topics, culminating in painting a picture of exactly what someone in 1867 would have experienced. I included as many photos as I could find that would apply, including some very rare pictures I acquired over the last few months but haven't shared yet.

I hope you'll enjoy it, and gain a bit of an appreciation for just how different life would have been in our area 150 years ago. You can read the full article at:

https://kitchissippi.com/2017/06/22/historical-walking-tour-of-kitchissippi/


No comments:

Post a Comment